Pages

Wednesday, 12 September 2018

Personification

Personification

At first it felt as if the can was heavy which meant that it was full and happy and as if no one was being mean to it and talking about it behind its back which was a good thing.

Then we were spraying its insides out which made me feel bad, this also made me feel like a bully because we were putting it down and making it feel bad.

After we sprayed it all out we held the can again and this time it was a lot lighter but it still looked the same, the only things that had changed was its weight. Feeling that it was lighter gave me the sense that it was lonely and sad because everyone had been talking bad about it.

Overall I think this was a good experience because it help me realise how some people feel.

3 comments:

  1. Ohayo Gozaimas Andre , I like the way you have used similies and the way you have have written this piece of writing . Something helpful would be to add more descriptive words into your writing and the thoughtful would be this is a really thoughtful writing , Keep up the good work Andre!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andre. I really liked reading your personification writing. You wrote some very thoughtful statements about the simulation we did with the spray can. I am impressed with this quality work that you completed and shared within the given time frame.

    Really well done and thank you for sharing some of your work out loud with us in class!
    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andre,

    Thank you for blogging about this. I am a teacher at Yaldhurst School and your writing that you have shared is really powerful and has made me think about how I can share the same message with others. I would love to know more about this experience that you took part in and for what age you think it would be appropriate for. I would love your help in getting my children to consider others feelings. I look forward to your reply.

    Mrs Taylor :)

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Something helpful - add more info or ask me a question.
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning?

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.